|Job Title||Upper Elementary Teacher (4th-6th grade)|
|Location||Big Sky Discovery Academy; Big Sky, MT|
|Qualifications||Education Degree and/or Montessori E2 certification|
|Compensation||Wages are competitive and based on experience. Additional benefits are available.|
|Position||Monday-Friday 8am-4pm/Full Time|
About Discovery Academy: Discovery Academy is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) Independent school offering personalized educational experiences to preschool-12th grade students. Our Lower School consists of an Early Childhood (3-6) classroom and an Elementary (6-9) classroom currently. We are a small but growing community school in the heart of Big Sky, MT.
Position Description: As the lead teacher in our Upper Elementary classroom, you will follow the Montessori scope and sequence to provide appropriate, individualized instruction to our 4th-6th grade students. You will maintain an organized, engaging learning environment that meets the academic needs of students and supports a culture of respect and inclusion; creating a space where a child’s social and emotional needs are tended to with as much care as their scholastic progress.
Qualifications: Our ideal candidates are energetic, self-motivated teachers who are committed to academic excellence and character development within the Montessori framework. Creativity and innovative ideas are embraced and encouraged. Candidates should have a K-8 multiple subject teaching degree or E2 Montessori certification. Previous teaching experience is preferred. A candidate must have a willingness to collaborate with colleagues and communicate effectively with all members of the school community including families, students, and staff. Additionally, candidates must demonstrate a willing flexibility to adapt to new ideas and a dynamic school culture. We focus on creating a respect for self, others, and the environment as well as promoting student engagement in their learning and a growth mindset.
Position requires a demonstrated ability to:
- Implement quality Montessori instruction using appropriate materials.
- Facilitate student learning across grade levels.
- Monitor student progress and keep accurate, up to date records via Transparent Classroom.
- Maintain a safe and clean learning environment.
- Create and support individualized work plans for every student.
- Effectively communicate with students and staff in a professional and positive manner.
- Physically engage with children on their level- working on the floor with them, kneeling to speak one on one, etc.
- Implement natural and logical consequences when required.
- Work cooperatively with assistants and other team members.
- Attend and participate in meetings and professional development.