Big Sky Discovery Academy – Discover Your Potential
Job: Montessori Early Childhood PreK Short and Long Term Substitute Teacher Positions
Location: Big Sky, Montana Grades: Early Childhood ages 3-5
Qualifications: Must have a valid EC Montessori certification, as well as hold a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university. A minimum of two years of prior Montessori classroom teaching preferred. Our ideal candidates are energetic, self-motivated teachers who are child-centered and committed to both academic excellence and character development. Creativity and innovative ideas are embraced and encouraged. A candidate must be willing to collaborate with colleagues and communicate effectively with all members of the school community including families, students and staff. Additionally, a candidate must demonstrate flexibility to adapt curriculum to meet the needs of individual students and increased seasonal enrollment.
Position requires a demonstrated ability to:
- Facilitate student learning with a calm/patient demeanor
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with staff
- Embrace the Montessori philosophies of teaching and learning
- Be aware of multiple developmental needs of pre-school aged children.
- Monitor student progress with a variety of assessment tools and measures of success.
- Perform other duties as determined by EC Program Director and Executive Director
We require a national criminal/background records check.
Description: We are a fun and welcoming work environment offering a competitive hourly wage and potential for increased position as school grows.
Other duties as assigned by Program and Executive Director.
Salary: TBD Deadline: Until filled.
Send a cover letter, three letters of recommendation, a resume and copies of relevant certifications or licensure to firstname.lastname@example.org