Job: Discovery Academy Executive Director
Location: Big Sky, Montana
Program Description: Pre-school through High School Academic Programs and Community Learning Center for Youth through Adults
Working with the Head of School, the Executive Director will provide the leadership to execute the mission of Big Sky Discovery Academy and plan, direct, and coordinate the organization to ensure its goals and objectives are accomplished within a prescribed time-frame and funding parameters. With the Head of School, the Executive Director will provide the leadership to steer the organizational structure, budgets, and goals through a 3+ year work plan. The Executive Director will build long-term relationships to engage major funding prospects that are consistent with the Discovery vision. He/She will create a team approach and manage team expectations.
The Executive Director must have good communication skills and be a positive team player with excellent interpersonal skills, patience in a school environment, and be able to interact with different types of people. Must have the ability to display sound judgment and be able to work under pressure.
The schedule will vary with the flow of the business. Weekend work may be required. This position reports to the Discovery Board of Directors, and will have a close working relationship with all Board members, the Head of School, Office Manager, Communications/Marketing and Accounting personnel.
RESPONSIBILITIES, TASKS & DUTIES:
- Operations and Finance
- Marketing and Communications
- At least 3-5 years in an executive or leadership position within the field
- Demonstrated ability to fundraise, and manage programs and staff
- Demonstrated ability to write grant proposals, reports, and other materials
- Demonstrated ability to work with a Board of Directors
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and with a small team
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of audiences
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Must be committed to the highest level of ethical conduct and service
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other management staff, employees, volunteers and the general public
- Able to assess and diffuse challenging situations
- Personal initiative, motivation and resourcefulness
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekdays, weekends, holidays and nights
- Subject to criminal and motor vehicle background check
- Three-Quarter to Full-time salaried position
- Salary – depends on experience.
- Reasonable and appropriate expenses compensated as approved by the Board
Send CV and a letter of interest to email@example.com
A more detailed job description is available upon request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org