Available Positions for the Little Explorer’s Summer Camp
- Lead Camp Instructor (4 weeks- 8:30-5:30 M-TH)
- Assistant Camp Instructor-(4 weeks- 8:45-5:15 M-TH)
Grades: Early Childhood ages 3-6
Our ideal candidates are energetic, self-motivated educators who are child-centered and committed to both academic excellence and character development. Creativity and innovative ideas are embraced and encouraged. A candidate must be willing to collaborate with colleagues and communicate effectively with all members of the school community including families, students and staff. Additionally, a candidate must demonstrate flexibility to adapt curriculum to meet the needs of individual students.
Discovery Academy’s Early Childhood Program runs as a Montessori preschool during the academic year and our summer camps run 4 total weeks over June, July & August. Our summer camps are nature based themed camps and are a mix of enrolled students and visiting children. The summer camps are an extension of our regular programming and school expectations.
Early Childhood certification preferred, as well as a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university. A minimum of two years of prior Montessori or Early Childhood teaching preferred either in a classroom or camp setting. Must be CPR/First Aid Certified or willing to obtain.
Position requires a demonstrated ability to:
- Facilitate student learning with a calm/patient demeanor
- Plan, implement, and oversee all aspects of the camp’s daily functioning in communication with the Early Childhood Program Director
- Maintain accident or incident reports and communicate any concerns to families in a professional manner
- Work outside for long periods of time caring for a group of children
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with staff, parents, and students
- Be aware of the developmental needs and safety of early childhood students and maintain an understanding of best practice in a Montessori environment
- Perform other duties as determined by EC Program Director and Head of School
We require a national criminal/background records check.
Salary: Competitive Weekly Stipend
Deadline: Until filled
Send a cover letter, three reference names and contacts, a resume, and copies of relevant certifications or licensure to the Early Childhood Program Director, Laura MacPhearson: firstname.lastname@example.org