Available Positions for Summer 2020 Community Learning Center Programs
Job: Part-Time Elementary Montessori teacher for Mind the Gap
Mind the Gap is a Montessori-based math, summer enrichment program designed for entering First through entering Fifth Grade students. Targeted, personalized lessons based on a weekly themes keep concepts reinforced or accelerated during the summer gap in academic learning.
Candidates must have a valid Elementary Montessori Certification or Elementary Teacher Certification, as well as hold a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university. At least two years of prior elementary, multiple subject classroom teaching preferred. Our ideal candidates are energetic, self-motivated teachers who are committed to academic excellence and character development. Creativity and innovative ideas are embraced and encouraged. Curriculum development experience preferred.
Position requires a demonstrated ability to:
- Create weekly theme-based lessons in Montessori Math for multiple ages/grades (1st-5th): an additional paid prep day will be required before the start of the summer programs.
- Focus on effective and engaging activities that foster a love of learning
- Supervise brain break and recess times
- Facilitate student learning across grade levels
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with school staff
- Embrace Montessori, enquiry and/or project based-learning perspectives
- Effectively communicate with students, families, and staff
- Establish a safe and well managed classroom environment
- Target personalized learning goals for participants
- Monitor student progress
All employees are subject to a Federal criminal background check.
If interested, please email a cover letter and resume to the Community Outreach Director, Hannah Richardson: email@example.com