Big Sky Discovery Academy
Big Sky Discovery Academy is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) independent school offering the following full-time and seasonal customized educational experiences:
- Preschool – Grade 6: Excellence in Montessori Education Guided by Montessori Trained Teachers
- Grades 7 & 8: Interest-Driven, Project-Based Middle School Instruction
- Grades 9-12: Online a la carte Courses, an Online Full Diploma Program (Accredited and NCAA approved), and College Preparation and Advising
Research studies show that Montessori children are well prepared for adult life academically, socially & emotionally.
In addition to scoring well on standardized tests, Montessori children are ranked above average on such criteria as following directions, turning in work on time, listening attentively, using basic skills, showing responsibility, asking provocative questions, showing enthusiasm for learning, negotiating social interactions and adapting to new situations. Watch this video or download our brochure for more information.
Here’s a Wall Street Journal article about business leaders who attended Montessori schools, including the founders of Google, Amazon and Wikipedia.
Big Sky Discovery Academy admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.
American Montessori Society
Big Sky Discovery Academy (BSDA) is a member of the American Montessori Society. The American Montessori Society (AMS) is the foremost advocate for quality Montessori education, an innovative, child-centered approach to learning. AMS sets the high professional standards that inform Montessori education as practiced in AMS-accredited schools and taught in AMS-affiliated teacher education programs.
The American Montessori Society believes that certain elements are essential to quality Montessori education. These include:
- Mixed-aged classes, in which older children serve as role models and helpers
- A full array of developmentally appropriate Montessori learning materials
- Teachers with credentials from a Montessori teacher education program
- Adherence to the Montessori instructional approach, with teachers serving as guides rather than givers of information
Visit the AMS website to learn more.